About Department of Microbiology
Pioneer to start B. Sc. Microbiology in June 2018 at Nashik, North Maharashtra region under SPPU (formerly University of Pune) and established in June 1081 as an independent department. Department started PG (M. Sc.) in Microbiology in June 2005. The department was ranked as “The Best Department of the college and won the 1st Prize in 1998. The Department of Microbiology was presented The First Prize award for the Inter-departmental Posters’ Exhibition and competition on “Inclusive Growth – Sustainable Development”organized by Department of Economics, HPT Arts & RYK Science College, Nashik (16th February 2015).
Objectives of the Department:
- To build the foundation in the discipline of Microbiology
- To enhance in-depth subject knowledge, practical and research skills for pursing a professional career in Microbiology.
- To develop capabilities and competencies to meet the National Microbiological challenges.
- The adequate learning facilities and the infrastructure along with qualified, committed and dedicated faculties help to train hard-core Microbiologists.
- The department has signed MoU with Jai Biotech Industries, Nashik.
- The department envisages University recognized Research Centre for research, M. Phil. and Ph. D. degrees. The college has applied for the same & a committee has been appointed by the University of Pune.
- The fully devoted faculty would make efforts to fetch more quanta of funds for Research from sponsoring agencies UGC, DST, BCUD and DBT.
- Successfully conducting the consultancy for EPCOS – TDK, Nashik & other paper making industries.
- Culture collection of bacteria and fungi.
- Projects/dissertations by students at PG level.
- Participation and organization of Seminars, workshops, Conferences, AVISHKAR, etc. by students and teachers on various topics related to Microbiology.
Thrust areas of research:
- Active research in the different fields of Microbiology
- Basic and Applied Microbiology
- Agricultural Microbiology
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Microbiology
- Food Microbiology
|Degree||Eligibility||Course Type||Intake||Note||Admission Procedure||Type|
|B.Sc(Microbiology)||An applicant who has passed the H.S.C(12th Science) Examination of the Maharashtra State Board or equivalent of any other statutory Board or University with English and 3 science subjects out of 1)Chemistry 2)Biology 3)Physics 4)Mathematics is eligible for F.Y.B.Sc.||Grant||15 Seats (TYBSc)||Reservation as per Government Rules||Selection through merit list||Under Graduate|
|M.Sc. (Microbiology)||B.Sc. Microbiology||Non-Grant||24 Seats||Reservation as per Government Rules||On Merit Basis Selection Through Entrance Exam||Post Graduate|
|Ph.D.||M.Sc. WITH PET / NET / SET||Non-Grant||16 Seats||Reservation as per Government Rules||As per Savitribai Phule Pune University Norms||Doctorate|
|Dr. Lokesh P. Sharma||M. Sc., M. Phil., Ph. D.||Head, Associate Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||View|
|LEENA PRADEEP PATHAK||M.Sc.Microbiology||Associate Professoremail@example.com||View|
|Mrs. Vrunda N. Joshi||M.Sc. Microbiology||Associate Professor (Part Time)||firstname.lastname@example.org||View|
|Dr Swati Padmakar Bhavsar||M.Sc. Ph.D. (Microbiology)||Lecturer||14 years 7 email@example.com||View|
|Mr. SAMEER A. JOSHI||MSc. Microbiology, NET||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||View|
|Ms. Pingal Jyoti Ratan||Msc. Micobiology||Assistant Professoremail@example.com||View|