About Department Of Geography
- 1967 : BA Geography.
- 1974 : FYBSc & SYBSc Geography
- 1994 : Travel & Tourism Management.
- 2010 : MA/MSc Geography
- 2018: BVoc (Tourism and Hospitality Management.)
- Course Offered : UG, PG
The Department of Geography, HPT Arts and RYK Science College, Nashik has completed glorious 50 years as a under-graduate and 8 years as a post-graduate Department offering courses leading to BA, BSC (up to second year) and MA/MSC in Geography. In addition to this, the Department runs vocational courses such as Travel and Tourism Management and Tourism and Hospitality Management.
Experienced faculty of the Department is devoted to quality teaching and research. Extra care is taken to pay individual attention to the students in their laboratory work, lecture sessions, field work and study excursions. Project work, study tours, dissertations and seminars are key factors to develop innovative and analytical approach among the students.
Objectives of the Department:
- To acquire knowledge regarding various fields in Geography and its application in real life.
- To train students in various skills and techniques used in Geography.
- To make the students aware about environment.
- To prepare students for university examination, competitive examination, and for allied branches of Geography.
Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments:
- Environmental Awareness
Best Practice of the Department:
- Celebrate various days.
- Personal counseling to students
- Seminar presentation for students.
- Arrange study tour.
- Village survey and project presentation.
- Dissertation and Research work.
- NET/SET workshop.
- Arrange excursion tour to visit IMD.
Teaching Methods used by Faculty Members:
- PPT/LCD: We have three power point presentation set which we use for PPT presentation.
- Films: We show films to students for getting information related to subject.
- Guest Lecture: We arrange guest lecture for students.
- Science Exhibition: We arrange the science exhibition at department level and college level for find out the skills and make them innovative students.
- Seminars: We take seminar presentation for students.
- Workshop: We arrange different work shop for getting practical knowledge to students.
- Research Project: We have dissertation for PG students, they prepare dissertation project
- Days Celebration: We celebrate various days at department level and College level.
- To solve general problems.
- To improve the attendance
- To develop personality and skills.
- To encourage for field and practical based activities
- To improve the overall performance and result.
Future Plan (Next Five years):
- To institute research centre in the department.
- Organize national Level seminar.
- Acquire automatic weather station.
- Acquire GIS software for starting add-on courses in GIS, RS and GPS.
- Start PG course in climatology
|Degree||Eligibility||Course Type||Intake||Note||Admission Procedure||Type|
|B.A(Geography)||An applicant who has passed the H.S.C(12th Arts) Examination of the Maharashtra State Board or equivalent of any other statutory Board or University is eligible for admission to the first year B.A. degree course.||Grant||40 Seats ( Special subject from SYBA onwards)||Reservation as per Government Rules||Selection through merit list||Under Graduate|
|M.A.(Geography)||An applicant who has passed the BA / B Sc Examination with Geography as special ( Principle) subject .||Non-Grant||24 Seats||Reservation as per Government Rules||Selection through merit list||Post Graduate|
|Dr. Pramodkumar S. Hire||MSc, SET,Ph.D||Head & Associate Professor||24 Years 4 firstname.lastname@example.org||View|
|Dr. Bhamare Vinayak N.||M.A., B.Ed, SET,PhD.||Assistant Professor||13 Years, 08 Monthemail@example.com||View|
|Dr. Mrs. Pathare Jyoti Anilkumar||M.A., Ph.D., NET.||Assistant Professor||12 years 09 months||12 years 09 months||View|
|Dr. Dattatraya Vilas Harpale||M.A., NET, Ph.D.||Assistant Professor||14 firstname.lastname@example.org||View|
|Smt. Deshmukh Pragati Patingrao||M. A. ,NET||Assistant Professor||8 yrs 10 email@example.com||View|
|Pawar Uttam Vishnu||M.A., B.Ed., NET, SET||Assistant Professor||8 years 7 firstname.lastname@example.org||View|
|Mr.Mule Machhindra Prakash||M.A.B.Ed,NET||Assistant Professor||09 email@example.com||View|
|Mr. Ganesh Arjun Sonawane||M.A., PGDGI, PGD-GARD,NET,SET||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||View|
|Mrs.Priti M Joshi||MA, B.ed||Assistant Professor||2 Years 9 Monthsemail@example.com||View|
|Ms. Sujata T. Phadol||MSc, SET||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||View|