About Department of Electronic Science
Electronic Science department was established in the University of Pune, Pune in 1985 and in the same year that is in 1985 First year B.Sc. Electronic Science was introduced in our college. As the M. Sc. course of Physics department includes around eight courses of electronics as specialization, the teachers teaching these courses in Physics department rendered there services to Electronic Science department from First Year B.Sc. to Third Year B. Sc. Students till April 2011. In the academic year 2011-12 new staff members to teach electronics subject for F.Y.B.Sc., S.Y.B.Sc. and T.Y.B.Sc. classes were appointed. Dr. A. B. Chourasia was appointed as the Head, Department of Electronics on November 1st 2004.
Departmental laboratory is fully equipped with test and measurements equipments and facilitated by large number of discrete components. The equipments are serviced and recalibrated on need basis regularly.
Activities of the Department:-
From last five years T. Y. B. Sc. students are encouraged to participate in the project competitions and Science exhibitions at various levels. In year 2016-17 two students Nikhil Singh & Prajakta Chavan won BEST POSTER award in International Conference held at Nashik. Also two students Nikhil Singh & Mansoor Maniyar won 2nd PRIZE in Poster Presentation in Project Competition held at T.C. College, Baramati (Maharashtra). Avishkar is an activity undertaken by University of Pune, to inculcate research attitude in young students. In the year 2016-17 four students participated in Avishkar.
Research Activities of Department
- Dr. A.B.Chourasia is working as a Ph.D. guide in Physics.
- No. of Teachers Completed Ph.D. :- 01
- No. of Teachers Pursuing Ph.D. :- 01
- Number of Papers Published :- 16
- Number of Conferences Attended International :- 08 National :- 04
- Research grant received from BCUD SPPU Pune.
- Minor Project:- Rs. 5,00,000/-
Future Plans: –
- To start P.G. course in Electronic Science.
- To conduct add-on course for maintenance of house-hold electronic equipments.
- To conduct state level conference.
- To conduct training programs for non-teaching staff on maintenance of electronic equipments.
- To start research work related to conducting polymers in our department.
|Degree||Eligibility||Course Type||Intake||Note||Admission Procedure||Type|
|B.Sc(Electronics)||An applicant who has passed the H.S.C(12th Science) Examination of the Maharashtra State Board or equivalent of any other statutory Board or University with English and 3 science subjects out of 1)Chemistry 2)Biology 3)Physics 4)Mathematics is eligible for F.Y.B.Sc.||Grant||30 Seats (TYBSc)||Reservation as per Government Rules||Selection through merit list||Under Graduate|
|Vishnu Namdeo Suryawanshi||M.Sc.(Phy)||Principalemail@example.com||View|
|Dr. Ashish Bhupatprasad Chourasia||M.Sc.(Phy) P.G.Diploma In Space Sciences & Their Applications, Ph.D.||Associate Professor & Headfirstname.lastname@example.org||View|
|SAGAR SHANKAR VARADE||M. Sc., SET, NET.||ASSISTANT PROFESSORemail@example.com||View|
|PRAKASH MARUTI MALI||M.Sc. NET||ASSISTANT PROFESSORfirstname.lastname@example.org||View|