About Department Of History
Histroy is a insperable part of human life. History Department is one of the best department in our college. History subject was taught in our college since from the foundation of the college in 1924. History was started as a special level for graduation from 1972. From 2014 our society started PG in our college. From the begaining History department has been motivating its students to study in innovative and different ways.
Objectives of our Department
- Basic understanding of History subject and improve the knowledge of History
- To incerase the attraction of Historical sites among students
- Appllying various historical methods and theroies in local history
- Pursue reserch in histroy for better understanding
- Applying the innovative study techniques in the study of history, to make it value based and thought provocative.
- To increase the intrest among students for local history.
Highlights of the Department
- Highly Qualified staff
- Organized National seminar in 2014-15
- Arrange SET NET Workshop & Research Methodology Workshop in 2017-18
- Rich Library;-, Books-5254, Periodicals -04
- Use Modern Teaching Aids;-Slid shows, Power Point presentation, Documentaries and Films on various topics, continuous evaluation of the students.
- Organized Modi script certificate course from 2005 to2018.
- Arrange Study tours to Historical places every year.
- Guidance to students for competitive exams and counseling.
|Degree||Eligibility||Course Type||Intake||Note||Admission Procedure||Type|
|B.A(History)||An applicant who has passed the H.S.C(12th Arts) Examination of the Maharashtra State Board or equivalent of any other statutory Board or University is eligible for admission to the first year B.A. degree course.||Grant||40 Seats ( Special subject from SYBA onwards)||Reservation as per Government Rules||Selection through merit list||Under Graduate|
|M.A.(History)||Any Graduate is eligible but an applicant who has passed the BA Examination with History as special subject will be preferred||Non-Grant||60 Seats||Reservation as per Government Rules||Selection through merit list||Post Graduate|
|Dr. Atul Arjun ohal||M. A. Ph. D.||Head & Associate professor||20 email@example.com||View|
|Dr. Ramdas Bhong||M.A., M.Phil, Ph. D., SET||Assistant professor||10 firstname.lastname@example.org||View|
|Ms. Malti Ashok Sanap||M.A. , B.Ed. , M. Phil. , NET, SET||Assistant Professor||11 email@example.com||View|
|Mr. Pratik R. Deshpande||M.A. History, M.A. Indology, P.G.D.T.T.M.||Assistant Professor||1 firstname.lastname@example.org||View|